Saturday, May 7, 2011

Girls Ministry Ideas- Are Events A Good Idea?

As someone who has been coming up with girls ministry ideas for a while, I have begun to wrestle with the idea of whether or not events are a good thing.  Some of you may not be here with me yet.  Some of you may just believe that all events are good all the time. For those of you who are there let me explain my mindset. There are two main issues I have with events.  The first is what is the long term impact of the event? Quite often the event will give a little bump and then things will fizzle out. Also, I often fall into tunnel vision when I am event planning. I lose sight of everything else, including ministry opportunities, for the sake of planning an event. I am just being honest and if you were honest I am sure you have been there two.  Because of these two issues I have started to question events. But here is the realization I have come to; don't overdo it.  Just have events when necessary and make sure you do them the right way.  Having events does have a lot of benefits for the girls in your ministry and your community when done properly.  That is why we have included some events in our product.  We want to get you started on the right track, help you with follow-up afterwards, and free you up in your planning to focus more on relationship building and ministry opportunities.  So do not shy away from events just be wise about them.  And I encourage you to let our ministry resources help you in planning the next event you have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment